Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thai Pizza

I love pizza.  My problem is that I like gourmet pizza, and you can't find any of that around here with a reasonable price tag.  When Alex and I were in Iowa for a weekend we ate at a pizza place and I ordered this pizza without looking at the price.  Ooops.  I think that I paid $17 for a thin crust medium sized pizza.

I assembled this pizza for way under $10, and it could easily feed 3 people.  Oh, and it is better than the one from the restaurant.  No good photos because I inhaled it.  Rating 8/10.





Ingredients
Your favorite pizza dough (I used this one)
Peanut sauce- find it in your ethnic aisle
Chicken- cooked and cubed
1 red pepper- diced
broccoli florets
tomatoes- chopped (optional)
green onions- chopped (reserve some of the green bit for garnish)
cilantro
shredded mozz cheese

Prepare your dough ahead of time!
Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone placed inside
Roll out dough to desired size and place on a pizza peel that has been generously sprinkled with corn meal
Spread out a layer of peanut sauce (not too much, not too little)
Top with chicken, red pepper, broccoli, tomatoes, and green onions
Bake until crust is golden (this varies on how thick your crust is and how accurate your oven's heating is so start keeping an eye on it at around 8 minutes).
Remove from oven and top with cheese, remaining green onions, and cilantro
Serve immediately

No comments: