Sunday, May 1, 2011

Key Lime Pie Smoothie

I'm sure that I'm not the only person out there with this problem.  I love sweet things.  I could care less for sugary processed things that have intimidating ingredients, but I yearn for goodies that combine taste with health benefits.  Enter the smoothie.  For those who have perused this blog, you may have come across my smoothie binge.  I've re-entered this phase, and boy am I glad to be back in it! 

I found this recipe on Munchin with Munchkin.  I love this blog.  For a whole bunch of reasons.  The first four letters of her name are the same as mine, my grandfather called me munchkin, and because she loves healthy wholesome treats too. 

Anyway, this smoothie is absolutely fantastic AND I was lucky enough to have all of the ingredients on hand (yay decreasing bulk!).  I don't have much more to say about it, but you really ought to try it out.  Rating 9/10.

Ingredients
Recipe Adapted from Munchin with Munchkin

1 cup of coconut milk
2 tbsp key lime juice
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 frozen banana
1 tsp zest of key lime
1 tsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs (I used old fashioned rolled oats)
Ice

Combine everything in blender and serve. 
Makes 2 servings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krista,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You made my day! Love your blog!

In solidarity,
K names and munchkins :)