Saturday, January 19, 2013

Banana Bread with Almond Flour

I have had a banana browning on my counter for over a week now, for some reason it never occurred to me to throw it in the compost bin.  Thank god I didn't because I was able to make a half batch of banana bread muffins with it for breakfast this morning.  The recipe is from Paleo Comfort Foods, and based on this one recipe alone (and gawking at the other recipes) it is an awesome book (with great photography to boot).  There is no added sugar in the recipe, so I drizzle my muffins with raw honey.  Yum yum yum.

Recipe
  • 3 cups almond flour or almond meal
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil- melted
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 very ripe bananas- mashed
  • 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup walnuts- chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt
Mix the eggs and coconut oil together in a separate bowl and then stir into the flour
Add in the bananas, vanilla, cinnamon, and walnuts
Pour batter into a greased muffin tin or loaf pan.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.

No comments: