Thursday, April 14, 2011

Berry Pancakes with Nutella

I love me some Costco.  Yesterday I blew a lot of money on their monstrous fruit section, so I was eager to dip into my new replenished stock of frozen berries (yum yum!).  Lately I've developed a nutella habit, and I've been eating my berries on top of a mound of nutella lately for a sweet fix (you know you want to too).

I decided to combine my new favorite dessert duo with a little pancake batter, and POOF they turned into a substantial afternoonish brunch.  I whipped up the pancakes and put a layer of nutella in between each one.  I topped the whole thing off with some thawed berries and their juice.  Now I'm stuffed, and I'm glad that I wore loose pants today.  Rating 9/10.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 1 cup of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
  • 1 cup of your favorite berries
  • Nutella, or any other delicious pancake topping
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Form a well in the flour and add in the wet ingredients.  Combine thoroughly.
Fold berries into batter.
Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto a heated skillet, flipping as needed to thoroughly cook the pancake without burning it.

Serve piping hot with your favorite toppings!

No comments: