Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Piña Colada

Ever since Jamba Juice discontinued this drink, piña coladas have been MIA in my life (and this is a bad, bad thing).  Luckily there was one lone banana browning on the counter, one lime drying up not too far away from the nanner in my fruit bowl (which is infested with onions), in the fridge there was a can of half-used coconut milk and a huge opened cart of almond milk in the fridge that is, in college terms, "undeclared", and the frozen pineapple chunks in my freezer are almost too freezer-burned to be edible.  Now I'm satiated, pleased, and antsy to get into the summer months.  Rating 8/10.


1 cup of vanilla yogurt- I used Greek
1/2 cup pineapple chunks- fresh or frozen
2 tbsp coconut milk cream (this is the thick substance at the top of a coconut milk can)
1/3 cup coconut milk (this is the watery stuff that gain access to after mining through the coconut cream)
1 banana
1/4 cup milk- I used almond and it was nom nom worthy
Ice cubes- optional

Blend everything together and pour into a pretty glass.  Garnish with a lime wedge if you want to get in the mood.

Makes 1 serving

No comments: