(I went semi-veggie and didn't eat any of meat since I used some really fatty thighs- yuck)Recipe from lolfoodie
- 2 tbs cooking oil- I used vegetable and coconut
- 1 pound chicken- cut into one inch cubes
- 3 tbs garam masala, divided
- 1/4c all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic- minced, or 2 tsp pre-minced garlic
- 1 tsp freshly-grated ginger
- 2 15-ounce cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c light coconut milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Toss the chicken with the seasonings so that every piece is evenly coated.
Toss the chicken with the flour and then stir fry in a wok with 1 tbsp of oil until cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a plate.
Cook the onion in the wok for 2 minutes, and then add in the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute more.
Dump in the tomatoes- you can drain one can if you like want a less soupy mixture. However, I love a soupy tomato dish.
Add in the coconut milk.
Add in the remaining garam masala
Stir, bring to a boil, lower the heat and stir some more!
Let simmer for 15 minutes and then add in your cooked chicken and allow the chicken to heat through.
Serve on rice. If you have spinach, serve it with that as well!