- 3.5 oz of chorizo- I used mild
- 1 yellow onion- diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic- minced
- 2 cans of white cannellini beans- drained and rinsed
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 3-4 leaves of kale- chopped or hand-ripped
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder (optional)
Cook the chorizo in the pot over medium hot, making sure to break it up into pieces with a width around that of a dime.
Once the chorizo is cooked through add in the diced onion. Cook for about three minutes, stirring often.
Add in the garlic and cook for about one minute more.
Add in the chicken broth, beans, salt and pepper.
Simmer for 30 minutes and then add in the kale.
Add in arrowroot powder in order to thicken up the broth a bit.
Serve with freshly baked bread. Nuuum.