Iowa Girl Eats
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion- diced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger- minced
- 2 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 green onions- chopped
- 1/2 of an 8oz can of water chestnuts- chopped (found in the Asian section)
- Chopped peanuts
- Head of lettuce- bottom sliced off and leaves separated
Heat up a skillet over medium high heat and add in your ground meat and onion. Stir frequently
Add all of the liquid ingredients together in a small microwaveable bowl and microwave it for 20 seconds- mix the liquids together and set aside.
Once the meat is mostly cooked add in the ginger, garlic, and liquid ingredients.
Once the meat has browned completely add in the green onions and water chestnuts, cook until the onions have wilted slightly.
Add sriracha sauce to taste (I added a couple of tbsp which left a nice residual zing on my taste buds)
Serve your meat wrapped on a lettuce leaf, or on top of a bed of greens if you don't want to risk having juice drip down to your forearm.
Top with peanuts- devour!