Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Easy Marinara Chicken

Even though this recipe is extremely simple, I found myself continuously standing in front of the oven.  I wasn't laboring over the dish or anything, but I was opening the door to stick my snoz in it.  This dish is simple, enticing, and satisfying.

Also, using chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts is much cheaper and much more flavorful.  8 all-natural thighs cost me around $4, can't beat that!

I swear that there is chicken in there somewhere!
Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman

  • 8 chicken thighs
  • 1 1/2 jars marinara sauce (Bertolli was one of the cheapest ones at my store that I found and it was great)
  • 1 yellow onion- diced
  • 4 garlic cloves- minced
  • 1 handful chopped parsley leaves
  • Parmesan cheese for topping


Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add cook the chicken thighs for two minutes on each side.  This is to amp up the flavor a bit.
Remove the thighs (they won't be done yet) and add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir until fragrant.
Add the thighs back into the pan and add the marinara sauce and parsley.
Place a lid on the skillet and place the pan on the middle rack of your oven.
Bake for 90 minutes and serve over your favorite pasta.

Serves 4

No comments: