Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lemony Pork Chops

One of the most apparent things about me (or so I think anyway) is that I am extremely frugal/cheap/stingy.  One of the main reasons that I want my own house is so that I can have a huge whopping vegetable garden so that I can reduce my grocery bill.  

One of my most cherished plants are herbs.  I love them so much that I found myself tending to a forest of basil and oregano this past summer.  Now that I don't have my own herbs at hand to use, my stingyness has spread to my consumption of them.  This is why I made almost the exact same recipe as the one below (obviously with different meat), since I refuse to let $.75 worth of parsley go to waste.  Mhmm.

This was my first foray into cooking pork, and I'm glad that I finally got around to it because it was an incredibly satisfying meal (and made great leftovers too).


Recipe from Great Food Fast

Ingredients
  • zest of 1 lemon- minced
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley- chopped
  • 1 garlic clove- minced
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 bone-in loin pork chops
Combine the lemon zest, parsley, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat up the olive oil in a skillet large enough to accommodate all of the pork chops over high heat.
Season each side of the pchops with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet.
Cook for 8-10 minutes.
Top the pchops with the parsley mixture and a drizzle of the pan juices and devour.


No comments: