Thursday, February 3, 2011

Carrot Cake Smoothie

I'm going to be out of town this weekend at an international job fair in Iowa.  I'll be back in time to watch the Pack take the Superbowl (more like eat superbowl food, but I can pretend to care who wins)!  In the meantime here is a healthy smoothie for you to gulp down.

Ever since I discovered that organic carrots actually taste good (unlike their unorganic counterparts- blah!), I've been trying to find interesting ways to incorporate them into our diet.  I never ever thought that I would be making a smoothie with carrots, but when I stumbled across this recipe on Oh She Glows, I knew that I had to try it.  This is definitely a great way to get in some veggie servings!  I found the flavor to be light and sweet, and a few extra pinches of cinnamon helped boost the flavor.  I've been meaning to make this with ice cream instead of almond milk (or half ice cream half almond milk), since I like to have a thicker consistency to my smoothies.  Rating 7.5/10.
Recipe from Oh She Glows
2 carrots
2 cups almond milk (OR ICE CREAM!!)
2 frozen bananas
4 ice cubes
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste

Combine everything in blender and serve.
Makes 2-4 servings.

No comments: