Recipe adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 onion-chopped
- 1 clove of garlic- minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper- finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro-chopped
- 4 oz (1/2 can) sodium-free tomato sauce
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp alcaparrado (capers or green olives would work too) OR diced jalapeno to taste
- Romaine lettuce leaves for wraps (optional)
While the turkey is cooking prepare the garlic, tomato, pepper, and cilantro cilantro. I just threw them all in my mini food-prep.
Add the prepared veggies, tomato sauce, cumin, and bay leaf to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Add up to 1/4 cup of water to thin things out if desired.
Cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes.