Friday, January 7, 2011

Mango Lassi

I have had a bag of frozen mango chunks sitting in my freezer for some time.  I don't know why I bought it, but luckily I was inspired by a recipe in a library cookbook for a mango lassi and today I was in the mood for a sunshiney drink.  Unluckily, I returned the books before I got a chance to actually check out the ingredients.  This is my healthy take on one of my favorite (and kind of expensive at restaurants) drinks.  This mango lassi was a rich, healthy, and tasty way to start my day, and is enough to make two servings.  I froze the second serving for later treat. Rating 7/10.

Ingredients
  • 12 oz frozen mango chunks
  • 1 cup of ice
  • 6 oz vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Combine in a blender.  Serve in a fancy glass.  A white wine glass for a mango lassi?  Why not!

No comments: